Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Intoduction to my family and I.

Hi. My name is Mike, and I’d like to start off by telling you a little bit about myself and my family. My wife and I are both devout Catholics. I married my beautiful wife 4 years ago, and we now have two beautiful children.

We met and fell in love when she began volunteering for the youth group at our parish which I was already volunteering for. We talked and got to know each other and after about a year or so we started dating. As you can see by the pictures I’ve posted that my wife is very beautiful. I fell in love with her for more than that though. She was a very caring and loving person. She cared about everyone around her. She was just fun to be around and had a beautiful smile even when she still had her braces on.

We also had common interests such as we liked hiking and going on road trips. We always liked to visit the Catholic churches wherever we went. One of my favorite things that we did together was playing a game she had on her cell phone called pushpush, which is a strategy/brain game, and we would take turns trying to beat the levels. We also used to sit at the park until late at night just talking and getting to know each other.

Due to our faith we had a lot in common too, such as our belief in the true presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist, our pro-life beliefs, our strong belief in all of the sacraments, and belief in the Churches authority. When it came to marriage we were on the same page too. We both believed in waiting for each other(by the grace of God we were each other’s first when we married), and we beleived in natural family planning(NFP) as opposed to contraception.

The most important things we both believed were that marriage was life long(Covenant), that we were open to life, and we believed in keeping fidelity in marriage. According to Canon Law intending those three things(Marriage as a Covenant/life long, being open to life, and fidelity in marriage) at the time of your vows is all that’s needed for a valid marriage.

I wanted to start this blog because I truly believe in the Sacrement of Marriage. I also strongly believe what the Catholic church teaches about the indissolubility of it. Sadly my wife and I are seperated, but I beleive with God's grace anything can happen and we could reconcile.

Every spouse is difficult to love at some time(s) in their marriage, and I have been no exception to that. For myself I know there are things that I failed to do and things that I could have done better, and I’m sure that is true for most people in a marriage. We are however called to love each other even in our failures, or when one spouse or the other makes it difficult.

In our society marriage is being destroyed. We have to listen to our call especially as Catholics and stand for marriage. We have to treat marriage as though it is a Sacrament and a Covenant, and not something disposable as society would have us believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment